www.purpleavenue.com.au (the “Website”) is a website operated by Purple Avenue Pty Ltd (ACN 639 383 958) with its principal place of business at P O Box 1823, Dee Why NSW 2099 . This Privacy Notice outlines how we manage your personal information.
We treat your personal information with integrity and respect. We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to protect your personal information.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by uploading an updated version of the Privacy Notice to the Website.
What personal information do we collect?
‘Personal information’ (also known as ‘personal data’) is information that can be used alone or in combination with other information to personally identify an individual. We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for the operation of our business and the Website and provision of our services (the “Services”). The kinds of information we may collect include:
From our customers and prospective customers:
- your name, partner’s name (if applicable), date of birth, physical address, postal address, email address, telephone number;
- if you enter into a contract with us and finance is required, details of your broker or bank (such as bank branch and phone number);
- your image and/or voice if you agree to provide us with a recorded testimonial;
- information about the Services you have used or enquired about; and
- your opinion about us, the Website and the Services, if you respond to feedback questionnaires.
From our suppliers and contractors (including potential suppliers and contractors):
- your name, physical address, postal address, email address, telephone number;
- sole trader business name, ABN, licence information;
- your bank account or other invoicing details if you provide them to us for payment of your invoices;
- your image and/or voice if you agree to provide us with a recorded testimonial; and
- your opinion about us and the Services, if you respond to feedback questionnaires.
If you apply for a job with us:
- your name, physical address, postal address, email address, telephone number; and
- your employment history, qualifications and other information provided to us during the recruitment process, if you apply for a position with us, whether volunteer or paid, and whether this information is provided in response to an advertised position or is unsolicited.
How do we collect your personal information?
Whenever it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect personal information directly from you.
We may collect personal information in ways including:
- through your access to and use of the Website via your browser’s cookies;
- through your access to and interactions on our social media accounts;
- when you make an enquiry, meet with us, enter into a contract with us or become one of our clients or suppliers;
- through your participation in feedback surveys or questionnaires; and
- through your communications with us including conversations, letters, emails, or other methods of communication.
We may also collect information about you from other sources in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We will do this only where it is reasonably necessary to do so. For example, where we exchange information with your legal or financial advisors or other representatives.
What happens if we are not able to collect your personal information?
If you decide not to provide us with the personal information described above, the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide Services to you;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about the Services; and
- if you are a supplier, we and you may be unable to enter into a contractual relationship or perform our respective contractual obligations.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. You can turn these off at any time through your own browser settings.
- to understand how you use our Website; and
- provide you with targeted information that you may be interested in.
How and why do we collect, store, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect, store, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to administer our relationship with you, communicate with you, and do all other things reasonably required to provide you with the Services;
- to facilitate and process invoices or payment for the Services;
- to answer your enquiries and provide you with information and updates about the Services;
- to provide you with information and special offers on our products and services we think you might like;
- to improve the Services and make beneficial content available to our clients;
- to investigate fraud;
- to assess the performance of the Website and make improvements to it;
- for security and risk management purposes;
- for business planning and quality control;
- to process and respond to any request or complaint made by you;
- to update our records; and
- to comply with any applicable law, rule, or regulation.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice to:
- consultants, agents or contractors acting on our or your behalf;
- owners of properties you may be interested in purchasing;
- rental managers, pest inspectors, building inspectors and other service providers we engage on your behalf, as applicable;
- parties to whom we have outsourced various functions, including contractors and services providers for the purposes of operating the Website and our business, IT systems administrators, providers of software applications, payment processors, insurance brokers, insurers, bookkeepers, debt collectors and professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants and business advisors;
- regulatory authorities or government agencies, where required by law;
- the general public, if you agree to a published testimonial; and
- any third party to which you consent to us sharing your information.
If all or part of our business is sold to or merged with a third party, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that third party. We may also disclose personal information to prospective purchasers on a confidential basis.
Where we disclose any personal information to a third party, we request that those parties do not use the information for their own purposes and comply with this Privacy Notice.
Do we disclose your personal information outside Australia?
We store your personal information within Australia. Some software applications we use may store personal information on servers located outside of Australia, in jurisdictions that may not have equivalent levels of data protection as Australia. We will take steps to ensure your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Direct marketing communications
We may send you direct marketing communications consisting of information about the Website or the Services that we think may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent by email or post in accordance with the Spam Act 2003. We only do this when you consent to being contacted in this way.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by contacting the sender, by using our contact details provided below, or using opt-out facilities provided in an electronic communication (such as an unsubscribe button).
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We use reasonable technical and organisational security safeguards to protect your personal information against unauthorised access, use, disclosure, loss, modification or destruction. Our staff are required to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information we hold.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, namely:
- for as long as you are a user or supplier of our Services or we reasonably believe you may require our Services again in the future;
- for as long as is reasonably necessary for business purposes related to provision of our Services, such as internal financial accounting and reporting purposes; and
- for as long as is reasonably necessary for the lawful purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
Once the above mentioned periods have concluded, we will permanently delete, destroy or de-identify your personal information.
Third party links
The Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third-party websites. The privacy policies of those websites may differ from this Privacy Notice.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will provide a suitable means for you to access it, such as by emailing or mailing it to you. We may charge you our reasonable fees for providing the information to you. Your access to materials (such as plans or reports) will be subject to payment of our professional fees, despite the fact that such documents may include your personal information. Until these materials are paid for in full, they remain proprietary to us.
There may be instances where we cannot provide you with access to your personal information. For example, we may need to refuse access where giving access would breach the privacy of another individual or would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for the refusal.
If you believe your personal information is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you may request that we amend it. We will consider whether the information requires amendment. In some cases, we may not agree that there are grounds for amending your personal information. If that happens, we will add a note to your personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Contact us at: PO Box 1823, Dee Why NSW 2099
Attention: Marcus Feasey
How can you make a complaint?
You can make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information by contacting us using the details provided above.
You can report a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/.